4th Mar, 2019
After an entertaining T-20 series, which gave India their second consecutive series defeat, the Virat Kohli-led side is up against Australia in the five-match ODI series, which they now lead by 1-0, thanks to Kedar Jadhav and Thala Dhoni. Though Virat Kohli would be happy with the way these two batted, Kedar rotating the strike and Dhoni doing what he does best – finishing matches at ease; India still hasn’t found their permanent solution to the no. 4 problems. Expect Ambati Rayudu to get a few more chances here, who failed in the first match against Australia here. The fact that this is India’s final international outing before the 2019 ODI World Cup makes it an all-important affair. The series against Australia gives India a chance to tune and channel their skills as well as experiment with their bench strength. Virat Kohli would be looking for lock a few middle-order positions, so as to get over this headache and head to the IPL, after which is the mega World Cup.
If you’ve seen the first ODI between India and Australia, you know how exciting the series is going to be. With four more matches to go, here are our top fantasy cricket picks for the second ODI, and hopefully, for the rest of the series.
1) Virat Kohli (Batsman, India): A no-brainer this! With the form he’s in, Virat Kohli is the best batsmen in the world right now. Yes, he did get carried away after hitting Adam Zampa for two consecutive boundaries and got out LBW, but you don’t expect Virat Kohli to do that everyday. Such is his standard that even a 45-ball 44 seems very less. A player like Virat Kohli automatically picks himself. He’s the hottest fantasy pick in your ODI team.
2) MS Dhoni (Batsman, India): The year 2019 has started on a golden note for Mahendra Singh Dhoni, as has stood up with the bat with many half-centuries, especially against Australia. Dhoni has four 50s against the Aussies, and has been not out in his last three half-centuries against them. Dhoni’s form is a huge plus for India, with Shikhar Dhawan misfiring at the top, and Rohit Sharma not being in the best of form. His experience in the field is invaluable, and if everything goes well the crowd might see a helicopter unleashed very soon. MS Dhoni has to be in your fantasy cricket team.
3) Glenn Maxwell (All-rounder, Australia): India would have missed Mohammed Shami so much in the T-20 series after he castled Glenn Maxwell in the first ODI. Otherwise, Maxwell was on course to play a big innings once again. With 55 and 113* in the recently concluded T20 series and a 40 in the first match, Maxwell would be raring to go and make his presence felt once again in the middle overs. He is an impact player and could also turn the game with his off-spin, with Indian pitches being slow and offering turn.
4) Mohammed Shami (Bowler, India): The quickest Indian bowler to 100 ODI wickets, Mohammed Shami is the bowler to watch out for. He is making amends for all the months that he missed due to multiple injuries. He is leaner, fitter and raring to go at the batsmen. Shami looks more lethal than ever and with Bumrah by his side, these two can rattle any opposition apart on their day, like they did in the first ODI.
5) Nathan Coulter-Nile (Bowler, Australia): Nathan Coulter-Nile was the pick among the bowlers in the first T20 against India, and he instilled the same amount of damage in the first ODI as well. He has managed to become Australia’s go-to bowler in critical situations and has emerged as a wicket-taker. With some support from the other bowlers, Coulter-Nile could wreak havoc on Indian batsmen. He is a must in your fantasy cricket team, as he can bat as well.
Have a look at our exciting offerings. Don’t waste any more time and select the games of your choice. Start playing fantasy cricket today and win cash every day.